Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall is here!!

I love fall. It is amazing to me that a pumpkin can grow from this flower. It is a beautiful part of our world and I love to watch the children as you show them a pumpkin on the vine. This past weekend Allen and I took the kids to Gilcrease Orchard to pick pumpkins and apples.
Ashton, Craig, and Blake all picked a pumpkin to take home. There were a ton of people and not many big pumpkins left. They ended up with small pumpkins and loved having them.
Here is Blake in his baseball catcher pose. I have no idea why he wanted to pose this way but he did in most of the pictures. He cracks me up!!

After pumpkin picking we picked okra, eggplants, and apples. It took us awhile to find apples, but when we did we had a blast getting them. We had to get inside the trees to get the apples. It was a great day. Craig said it was the best day ever!! I agree.

5 comments:

FrankNApril said...

It was cold today!
Fall is here:) I like your pics! April

Linde said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you all had a fun day!

Kirsten said...

How fun! You are such a great mom! I think it's so funny that Blake does his baseball pose for all the pictures. He is such a cutie!

Chandra said...

Something so simple that has been around since the dawn of time and the kids just LOVE it- then they actually eat the veggies because they picked them.

FrankNApril said...

Please come~http://franknapril.blogspot.com/
April

playlist